The Benefits of ICED
“The object of ICED is for the public benefit to advance education world-wide by promoting, sustaining and increasing individual knowledge and understanding of all aspects of educational development in higher education.” Since 1993, ICED has advanced educational development worldwide by improving practice through scholarship and research. ICED supports 23 country networks and reaches out to engage new and emerging networks. ICED is the international voice for educational development in higher education. The ultimate beneficiaries of ICED’s work are higher education students and learners around the world.
In addition to public benefit ICED offers a number of benefits to subscribing Members. These include the opportunity to:
1. shape and participate in the leading international organisation committed to advancing higher education worldwide through educational/academic development.
2. contribute to advocacy for educational/academic development internationally.
3. influence the development of higher education policy internationally.
4. contribute to developing a more fair and just world by encouraging and supporting the emergence of new national educational/academic development networks in every country.
5. access a network of educational and academic development experts in the theory and practice of educational development in HE internationally.
6. be a member of an international community of practice (face to face and online) exchanging ideas, practices and constructive challenge.
7. influence the strategic direction of the organisation’s international events, conferences and journal.
8. develop and maintain effective partnerships with other networks.
9. access all ICED’s online resources, both on the public and the members’ area pages.
10. benefit from a discount on the International Journal of Academic Development (IJAD)
ICED is the only forum of its kind representing this international community of practice that serves the best interests of students in higher education and is working for a more fair and just world. ICED is more than a sum of its member networks. It is poised to meet the educational challenges of the 21st century.